Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Exclusive news on the Show Creator of The Rough Draft!!! Post # 8

The original cast from
Coming of Age
With the pressure on at Pro Rod Productions its a wonder that show creator, Juan Eduardo Rodriguez, was able to respond to our questions! While he was not able to sit down with us, he did write us back his responses. J.E. Rodriguez, as you may know is working on his latest project, from what sources tell us is a revival of his former pilot show, "Coming of Age." So the story goes this was not meant to be but instead of hearing about it from us, let's take his word for it:

Add caption
"I don't know what to say about this blog site other than to first off thank the loyal fans who continuously follow my work. This latest project is sure to be one that will captivate audiences of all genres. To answer one of your first questions, yes this script is composed of elements from my original pilot script from Coming of Age. As you may very well know by now the show was taken out mainly due to politics with the studio and the writer's strike back in 2008. No shows were being produced. The execs came up to me and asked to spin my show and make it a reality show but I quickly turned that idea down. Only up until now from recent funding and support from my fans have I been able to bring this self inspired story back.


Carvajal on a project with habitat
for humanity
As far as the former cast, I've received confirmation from the extremely talented and beautiful, Karen Marie Carvajal. She has always been a delight to work with. She immediately contacted me once word spread about the revival of the show. Also, as you may know, my twin brother and broadway star Manuel Rodriguez was enthusiastic to come back on board. He almost was not able to do the show due to scheduling conflicts with his broadway tour but as you can see its all been able to work out.


Merced with wife Ladii
This is some news I'm giving you now. As of this morning, former cast mate Jesse Merced has also taken on the ranks of The Rough Draft. Jesse is a talented actor and has done a line up of shows, including a hugely successful show called The Wonderful World of Bobby. So of the former cast I have been able to lock in 3 of them. I would have liked to use more but scheduling these talented actors is never an easy thing. The other one I was close to signing was Jorge Santovenia. But we'll see with him.


The cast is growing and the new cast members (Louie Laborde, Karen Villamizar, Isabella Rodriguez, and Deborah Mogro) are simply amazing. We're still working on finalizing a few more of the remaining cast but I think we pretty much have our line up. I'll get you as much info on them as I can. But please remember I love to keep my work hush hush until its time to release. Thank you." - Juan Eduardo Rodriguez.

This has truly been a blessing! The show creator took his time out for us loyal (and yes admittingly crazy) fans! For All things gossip on Pro Rod Productions and their latest project, The Rough Draft, keep it here! Also follow us on Facebook. Search us under Pro Rod Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment